Featured Posts

AD 7

Sunday 9 October 2016

MY PRECIOUS JEWEL.....


I have been searching for a word to qualify this priceless Treasure God gave me, over a decade ago, Foyinsolami Jemimah, changed my status, the reason I am called a Mother...........She was so fragile as a baby that I felt, it was because of the pamperings, she didn't walk until she was a year and 4months, I had to take her to my Bigsis in Benin, Edo state for 3months ,that perhaps seeing my Bigsis 's son who is 6weeks older will motivate her to walk ,after alot of effort, won't forget taking her to see an orthopedic surgeon, to ascertain if she has tibia bones, (trust Nurses now) lol... Fast-forward to 2014,a senior colleague adviced me to tutor my daughter well, seeing she's d only one I've got(lost her younger brother, my first son 6years ago at birth) I summoned courage that this fragile Eyin Eyin of mine(egg egg) as some of my friends fondly call her should be strong,i started by making her do the little little chores in d house, sweeping, dusting, mopping, assisting mummy in d kitchen, won't forget how she burnt her finger once trying to put on the gas, just encourage her, before you say Jack Robinson, Foyin started cooking noodles, boiling Yam, Rice, make Eba, cook spaghetti and fry plantain etc. My baby kept improving,to the extent that if she cleans and tidy up your house you will see a professional touch.... wink. ... Took my daughter to visit a friend in SouthEast London last month while on holiday, she had alot of cookings to do so I joined her in the kitchen, seeing how her two kids had turned d house upside down,i asked her to tidy the house while we do the cookings, my friend was amazed, and she said... Ore u are blessed for training this girl like this .Did I mention that I am very strict, hence once you see my daughter, you will ask if her mother is a teacher, cos she is well behaved to the glory of God, but she will always say.... No my mummy is a Nurse, on arriving at the Airport in UK last month, she was assisting a lady with her luggages and the Lady asked"Oh girl u are well trained "and she said "Thank you ma" .Aproko come carry me yesterday, I came back from Night duty at almost 2pm cos I waited to sort some things in the hospital, got home and remembered we needed to shop for the house, not even a single milk in the house, can't afford to go to work without getting the stuffs for d house, I beckoned on my maid, and seeing I have just 7K cash in my purse asked if my maid can use d POS machine, she screamed..... Mummy Noohoo, let Foyin come back from school, we will go together lol. Lo and behold school bus came at about 5.30pm and I asked if she can go shopping with my maid and use d POS machine? She said... Yes mummy and off they go..... Fast-forward to the happening at the mall, she picked all we needed for the house and walk up to the Cashier after telling her d bill, my maid was just wheeling the stuffs while small mummy was doing the talking, she asked, excuse me, can I use the POS machine? The cashier laughed, then she brought out d ATM card and the lady asked her, do you bank with Zenith bank? She said No ,but my mummy does lol, my maid said "Everybody in the mall fixed their gaze on a 10year old girl that wanted to use the POS, she wasn't bothered, she type my pin i whispered to her ears while they were going and shielded the pin she was typed lol, and Oluwajomiloju paid for all the stuffs, no be small shopping o.....A friend told me some years back that a woman with just a child is as good as a barren woman....God has given me every reason to be joyful for the gift of my Angel. Hope I haven't overstretched her my fellow Finsters?

No comments:

Popular Posts

Share This

femalesinnigeria@gmail.com